Friday, April 30, 2010

April on Okeechobee, Bass & Blue Gill

April 30, 2010

We had a three boat trip today, we fished with the guys from Lancaster Bingo and their sons. We have fished together before and always have a great time together. I fished with Mark Sells and Dick Frazier, John Smith and his son Drew were in another boat and John's son Connor and Landon were in the third boat. We had a great day catching bass on both shiners and artificial baits.




April 29, 2010

I fished with Tom Zensen from Mo. and his friend Ed Neil from Canada again today. We have fished togehter many times before and it is always fun. Today we caught bass on shiners, Ed caught the big one in the picture. We also fishied with artificial baits and caught some nice bass too. The boys are going homke soon, so I won't see them again until next year.




April 24, 2010

I fished with Lary & Francis Heck from Cicero Indiana today. We caught bass from the first shiner to the last and had a great time together. It was very windy but we managed quite well.

























April 23, 2010

I fished with Doug Williams and his friend Weaver Hickerson from N.C. today, once again we caught some very nice bass. The bass are moving alot, but they are biting when you find them.










April 22, 2010

I fished with Gary Fellers & his friend Ed from Wyoming today. The shiner fishing bite was great today! We also caught bass on artificial lures.




























April 20, 2010

I fished with Freddie Lalama and brothers Lou and Mike Forino again today. We started the day using shiners, but quickly ran out of bait and started fishing artificial baits. The boys did quite well fishing artificial bait and caught a lot of very nice bass!























































April 19, 2010

I fished with Rick Colebeck from Wisconsin today, we caught bass on shiners and artificial baits. Rick had a great time catching Okeechobee Bass!











April 18, 2010

I fished with Freddie Lalama and his two buddies, brothers Mike & Lou today. We had a great day fishing getting rained on at the very end of our morning. The boys are coming back in a few days for round two.

















































April 17, 2010

I fished with Dr. Bob Marx and his son Rob today, the guys have fished all over the U.S., but had not fished Okeechobee before. We had a great day, catching bass on shiners and artificial baits both.

























April 14, 2010

I fished with Wes Jeffries from Plant City today. Wes showed me a picture
of he and his mom fishing mon Lake Okeechobee in 1960, it was great to see. We had a great day together.








April 13, 2010

I fished with three generations of the Holz family again today. John Sr., John and Amanda. We had a good day catching some very nice bass. Amanda is one of the luckiest anglers I have ever fished with, she always catches big Bass.
























April 12, 2010

I fished with Ed Poskarbiewicz today, Eddie and I have fished together many times before and always have a good time. We caught bass on topwater, senkos and flukes today.














April 9, 2010

I fished with Tom Chase and Scott Hutchinson from Ft Myers today. We caught as many bass on artificial baits as we wanted to today.















April 8, 2010

I fished with Matt Thornberry and his father Dan today. The boys were on their first trip to Okeechobee today and it was a good one, we caught bass on shiners and artificial baits.


































April 7, 2010

I fished with Phil and Eric Henderson from Grand Rapids Michigan today, it was an incredible bite, we caught bass after bass until our bait was gone. It is a day they will both remember. me too!








April 6, 2006

I fished with three generations of the Bathrick family today. Ken, Randy and 8 year old Landon. As you can see from the pictures 8 year old Landon caught the bigest fish of the day. It was a good day for all!































April 5, 2010

I fished with Mike Lamere from NY and Mick Hover from Elwood In. today. We caught quite a few bass on artificial baits. It is always great to meet someone from the area where I grew up and talk about people and places from the past.











April 4, 2010 ( Happy Easter!)

I( fished with Larry Milligan and Max Taylor from Ga. today. It was a great day of fishing we caught bass on shiners and artificial lures. We caught more bass today than we have caught all season, great fishing on Okeechobee!






























April 3, 2010

I fished with Tim & Terri Godfrey today, they bought a place in Okeechobee and are learning the lake and how to fish it. We had a great morning together!










April 2, 2010

I fished with Kevin Sieben from Minnesota and his son Cody today. We started the day catching bass on shiners, Cody had a giant on and got her near the boat before she broke the line, he was heartbroken and so was I. We finished our day fishing artificial baits and caught a lot of very nice bass, it was a great day with two very good fishermen.




















April 1, 2010,

I fished with Jim Gustman from Appleton Wisconsin and his grandson Tom today. The bass bit continually for the first three hours of the morning and then quit, but by then we had caught a slew of them! A great way to start April








March 31, 2010

I fished with Randy Jackson from Indiana today, we had a lot of laughs, catching bass on artificial baits and shiners. Randy is a great young fishermen and a fun guy to fish with.











March 30, 2010

I fished with Stan Teitelbaum again today, Stan visited Okeechobee last summer and caught so many bass he decied he had to come back and try it again. We had a great day the fish bit like crazy for Stan again today.












March 29, 2010

I fished with Cliff Matson and his friend Paul Rahme today. It was an overcast rainy day and the bass were biting! I hope the guys had as good a time as I did.








March 28, 2010

I fished with Dale & Luke Speckman from Indianapolis In. today. It was their first Okeechobee experience and they said they would be back again next year. We had a good day together catching fish and joking around, Luke is a good young fishermen.






























March 27, 2010

Today I fished with Scott Flick and his friends Casey Kelly and Chuck James, the boys are in town working on the new Belle Glade Corection facility. We had a great day olf bass fishing catching not one, but two! big Okeechobee bass! After we ran out of shiners we went shell cracker fishing and caught a buch of big ones. As days on Okeechobee go this one was a great one!






































March 26, PM Shell Cracker Trip

I took my wife Belinda out to catch the shell cracker off of the beds I marked while bass fishing this morning. We used red worms on a jiog pole, I baited the first pole and by the times I had the second one baited Belinda had a shell cracker in the boat, it went on that way for 40o min utes or so until Belinda caught 24 big shell cracker, she finally let me catch one after she got tired.



























March 26, 2010

I fished with Scott Benson from Chicago today, we used artificial baits and caught some very nice bass. The fish are looking to spawn on this full moon and are in very shallow water. While we were fishing for bass this morning I marked 3 shell cracker beds to be fished later.



March 23, 2010

Today was day 2 with Kenny and Dave, we caught more bass today than yesterday, but did not get the real big bite like yesterday. It was a good two days with the guys from Kentucky.



















March 22, 2010

I fished with Kenny Goodpastor and his friend Dave today, both of the guys are from Lexington Ky. Dave caught the big bass of the day, a female full of roe. We had a great day.


























March 21, 2010

I fished with Roger Schroeder and his friend Mike Lay from Mo. We had a great day catching the most bass we have caught in a morning session of fishing since the New Year. Bass fishing is getting better each day as some fish are spawning while others are already done, it makes for a great bite.




















March 19, 2010

I fished with Dave Luzader and his 14 year old son Caleb today,the boys are from Cleveland Tenn. and love to Bass fish, it was their first Okeechobee Bass Fishing trip and it was a good one. We caught Bass on shiners and artificial baits, (see the topwater bait sticking out of the bass mouth) We had a great day together catching fish.




















March 18, 2010

I fished with Jim Stamm from Ft Wayne Indiana and his friends Bill and Tom. We had another great day of fishing , lets hope it keeps going! We lost another Okeechobee giant bass today, we are fishing heavy cover and the bass have all of the advantages going for them. We got a good look at the giant bass as Tom hooked and fought her, she jumped clearing the water and dove under the boat nicking the line on the motor, and she was gone, what a heartbreaker.

March 17, 2010

I fished with Daniel Young and his son Rory today. They are from Calgary Alberta and had never bass fished before, Lake Okeechobee was very good to them though giving them a lot of very nice bass to catch. The bass bit better today than they have in weeks!
































March 16, 2010

I fished with Mike Merrimac from Arizona today. Okeechobee bass fishing was tough early, but got better as the day went on and the water warmed up. Another great day on the water!

















March 15, 2010

I fished with 95 year old Lon Kight and his friend Milton from Pittsburgh.
We had a great day as you can see, catching a lot of very nice bass. Many of the bass were full of roe looking to spawn on this new moon. It could be big fish time?
























March 13, 2010

I fished with Tom Zensen and his son Tom Jr. and their friend Rich today. Tom and I have fished together many times before and I know he can catch them. We had a great day of catching fish.








March 11, 2010

I fished with Doug Williams and his friend Chris Voehl today, it was Doug's birthday and it was Chris's first Okeechobee fishing trip. The wind and waves were brutal, we managed to catch some nice bass before it started raining. The forecast looks like the next few days could be rainy and windy.
































March 10 , 2010


Today was day 2 with the boys from Indiana, Brett & Jerry. We had another good day laughing and catching bass. Fishing was tougher today, that's fishing!





























March 9, 2010

I fished with Brett Baker and his friend Jerry today. The boys are in Okeechobee with a group of farmer/Ag salesmen for a group fishing trip, it was their first Okeechobee experience. We caught fish from start to finish today, its getting real good!





















March 8, 2010

I fished with Roddy Neur and his friend Nick again today. we have fished together numerous times and always have a great time together. The boys love to give me a hard time and are very competitive. We caught bass on shiners and artificials today another good day of fishing.






March 7, 2010

I fished with Terry Garner and his son-in-law Andy, and old friend Bob Ford today, We caught fish and swapped stories, it was a great day!

March 5, 2010

I fished with Sharon Klump and her friend Mark from St Louis. It was another cold and windy day but the fish bit pretty well. We had a great day together.










March 1, 2010

I fished with Barry Levy and his friends Elliott and Bobby today. The morning started out chilly but the bass were still biting. I had a great day with the guys catching Okeechobee Bass.